Phillips Sectoral Employment Initiative VISTA Program
The Phillips Sectoral Employment Initiative (PSEI) VISTA Program supports industry-focused training and placement programs at nonprofit organizations in the Twin Cities metro area that equip low income job-seekers with the skills needed to secure quality employment. The PSEI believes that low-income job seekers with barriers to employment should be equipped with the right skills to compete for jobs in growing industries such as healthcare, construction and transportation.
- Expand the capacity of organizations to serve more participants and/or offer more diverse job training options.
- Enhance quality of services to promote better participant and organizational outcomes.
Roles of PSEI VISTA Members
- Develop new programs or improving existing ones.
- Research workforce development trends to advance the programming of their host organization.
- Outreach to employers, higher education institutions, partners, and prospective participants.
Click here to meet our current VISTA members.
PSEI VISTA Sites
PSEI VISTA members serve in the Twin Cities metro area at:
- The opportunity to build a professional network that includes foundations, leading nonprofits, and government organizations in the Twin Cities metro area
- Bi-weekly meetings, trainings, and social events with the PSEI VISTA cohort that focus on resources, leadership, workforce development topics, and member support
- The opportunity to understand and contribute to innovative solutions that increase employment opportunities for low-income adults
- Modest living allowance of $11,796 annually with the option of selecting a $5,550 Education Award or $1,500 cash stipend upon completion of service
For more information, contact Jessica Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit the AmeriCorps website to read about specific positions and to apply.